Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Guns, Artwork and a Devblog

It has only been two weeks since we announced our first full title, Contagion, but the energy from the community since then has been absolutely vivid. From all of us at Monochrome, we’d like to thank you all for the interest and support that has been shown thus far. Today we’re going to keep the momentum going by sharing a few more pieces of media and introducing a new way for you to have a deeper glimpse at the development of Contagion.

Let’s start off with some old work-in-progress videos of the MP5K submachine gun and Mossberg 590 shotgun in action. When we say work-in-progress, we mean it. We are looking forward to showing you the new effects and final animations when we release videos of gameplay in the future. These should sate your appetite until then.

Here are renders of two more weapons you will be harnessing to dispatch the undead: the 1911 pistol and KG9 semi-automatic pistol.

For our last pieces of media for the day, here are a few shots of the concept art we’ve created to help flesh out our protagonists, Eugene and Marcus…

… and here is another set of environmental shots that helped us set the mood and atmosphere.

Now, while we cover enough ground on the web in terms of keeping you informed of our progress — using Facebook, ModDB, our own website and the like — we wanted to try something different. So today we’re announcing the Monochrome Dev Blog. Updated weekly, our team members will introduce themselves and take you on a more intimate stroll through their work on Contagion. This week we kick things off with Sam as he shares the process he went through in creating our new box art.

Last but not least, we are always looking for talented developers and as we move forward there will be a demand for more. If you're interested please provide your resume, portfolio and/or samples of your work by emailing us at: jobs@monochrome-games.com

We hope you’ve enjoyed this update. Stay tuned!

Last edited by eswat; 08-20-2010 at 03:42 PM.

I aprove of this update.

Really liked the artwork too and i have to say you chose a really good artist.

Not a fan of the new models through.

My reaction is mixed but personal taste aside i think that it will work.
    ^ω^

Hey,how are you,fantastic,please check my Zombie Panic comic here.
    http://www.zombiepanic.org/forums/sh...347#post185347

Awesome work! Everything looks so great, especially everything. Keep up the good work people.

Everything is awesome! Eugene looks so badass in both arts! I love the Mossberg animations.I cant wait to see some gameplay vids.

We picked these weapons, because we wanted something different. At the same time we wanted weapons that civilians would most likely have (If they own any.)

I haven't seen many games with the KG9 in it, so I'm happy to see this weapon in game. It's a street weapon, very cheap and easy to get your hands on in the black market. This weapon is not very accurate, but the KG9 is light in weight and holds 32 rounds in the magazine. This weapon is good for close encounters with multiple targets in a small room.

The Colt 1911 has been around for a long time and many manufacturers produce the 1911 model. The 1911 is an accurate and reliable weapon. It is heavy enough so when shooting the .45 there isn't as much kick as lets say a plastic Glock .45. This weapon adds a good balance to the "pistol family." It has less stopping power than a 44 magnum, but more stopping power than a 9mm. The firing rate is faster than a .44 magnum, but is slower than a 9mm. The 1911 is a weapon that you will find all over the world, wherever you go.

With the MP5K, we wanted a sub-machine gun that the police would commonly carry at the police station, but a little different from the traditional MP5 with a full stock and no vertical fore-grip. This weapon has the same effect as the traditional MP5 except: it's a little harder to control without the stock, it's lighter in weight and has a higher firing rate. You will see this type of weapon all over the military and law enforcement, as it is commonly used for clearing small rooms. We chose this weapon, because it is a little different than the traditional Mp5. At the same time people will recognize and know how to use this weapon when they get their hands on it.

The Mossberg 500 is an all around good shotgun for the price. You can pick up a M500 at your local Sports / Outdoor store in America for around $220 bucks. Of course, the M590 is more expensive as it is an upgrade from the cheap, but reliable M500. Most M590 shotguns you find will come stock with ghost ring sights. This weapon is commonly used by: civilians, military & law enforcement. We chose this weapon, because it is very common and reliable, yet has that military grade look to it.

I hope this post helps you understand why we chose the models listed above.
    [img]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8011/pocketrockets.jpg[/img]

Yes its good to see more civilian weapons in game.Its funny how in L4D for example,we can find Ak47 or SCAR at any corner rofl

Quote Originally Posted by KillahMo View Post
    Snip
    Well there is a zombie master mod called Zombie Master Black edition that has both the 1911 and the Tech 9 or whatever it is called.

Still if you really put that much thought into the weapons i cant wait to see how much thought you put into the story.

Keep on the awesome work.
    ^ω^

Hey,how are you,fantastic,please check my Zombie Panic comic here.
    http://www.zombiepanic.org/forums/sh...347#post185347

Guns look sweet can't wait to kill some zombies/infected/whatever the undead things are called, with these.
    "When Frikazoyd uses southern sayings that I am familiar with, it's like a brofist over the internet." -Watchmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    Yes its good to see more civilian weapons in game.Its funny how in L4D for example,we can find Ak47 or SCAR at any corner rofl
    Well the AK47 is the most mass produced weapon in the world, you can buy AK's legal and or ilegal in every country in the world :P

Though the will agree that the SCAR is indeed a rare weapon to incounter

Very nice! Thanks for the updates.
    "We look for answers in those catatonic, dying blod-shot eyes" Bad Blood, Ministry